Muffins are one of my favourite breakfasts – they’re perfect to pop in my handbag to eat at work, but also make a lovely weekend treat. These vegan-friendly blueberry and oat muffins are the perfect easy bake to start the day right. Similarly to my Coconut and Banana Loaf, they’re tasty to the point where you forget how many healthy goodies are crammed into the recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 chia egg (3 tbsp milled chia seed to 1 tbsp egg – mix and leave to set)
- 1/4 cup (around 4 tbsp) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F.
- In a large bowl mix the melted coconut oil, almond milk, chia egg and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients and mix until only just combined. The more you stir – the denser your muffins will be!
- Add in the blueberries and stir until only just combined.
- Sprinkle a small amount of oats and sugar on the top of each muffin for a lovely crunch!
- Bake for 20 minutes (until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean).
- Leave to cool.
- Enjoy your lovely fresh muffins – I like mine with extra berries and date syrup!