This recipe makes the most amazing Coconut & Banana Bread (even if I do say so myself!). It’s vegan-friendly and is the most delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. I always think it feels like such a treat to eat – you’d really never know that it contained so many healthy goodies! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar will also work well!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp milled chia seed to 1 tbsp water – mix and leave to stand until set)
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Heat oven to 180C and grease loaf tin (I use coconut oil for this).
- Combine the chia egg, mashed bananas, olive oil, almond milk and vanilla essence into a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine .
- Add the desiccated coconut and stir until only just combined (the more you stir – the denser your oaf will be!).
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes then remove and leave to cool.
- Enjoy your lovely fresh loaf!